Leaderboard
728x15

Another visit to Hyde Park

Large Rectangle
Hyde Park Drainage Pond, London, Ontario

A nice morning about 20c, a few clouds and a light breeze.  I saw a Monarch right away in the Bergamot flowers. 


A little further down a Great Blue Heron was resting.


I walked half way around the pond.  I heard, then saw 2 Belted Kingfishers circle around the pond a few times and flew off. 

Cabbage White

I saw more Monarchs....about 5-6 like yesterday!


Not a lot of dragonflies around.

Widow Skimmer  (male)

Monarch

Red Admiral

The Great Blue Heron flew over into the water to look for lunch.



Birds I saw were Barn Swallows, American Goldfinches, Mallards, Great Blue Heron, Song Sparrows, Robins, Cardinals, Belted Kingfishers, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-winged Blackbirds, Grackles and Field Sparrows.

Milkweed Pods

Viceroy

Banner